One of the most important areas to insure receiving the offer you want for your St. John Vacation Home is the create a proper 1st impression.
The following items are a basic checklist to make sure your Curb Appeal items are addressed.
- Inspect the outside grounds.
- Remove any building materials, scrap wood, discarded household items, etc. from the property.
- Store garbage cans out of sight.
- Check the home from the roof line down.
- Is the roof and all water catchment systems free and clear from obstructions, mildew, mold, dirt, etc.?
- Are the gutters clear, properly secured and correctly plumbed into the cisterns?
- Are the windows clean and free from obstructions (such as overgrown bushes or trees)?
- Is the landscaping and gardens neatly maintained?
- Inspect the condition of the exterior paint or plaster. Is touch up paint needed? New paint job?
- Is it time to power wash the building, walkways, driveway/parking areas?
- Is the front door in good shape? Need repair/refinishing?